Finally managed to get hold on Motorola’s Moto360!
This is like the holy grail of all smartwatches now, and it took me so many attempts to get it!
- After trying to get from motorola.com and getting my debit card on hold for so long
- Pondering whether to get from Carousell (at S$450)
- Whether to get from ValueBasket (at S$399 but with bad reviews on this shopping site)
- Trying to get from bestbuy.com but again got rejected because they don’t ship to forwarder
- Lastly, using Comgateway BuyForMe service and finally got through!
Breakdown of the costs involved in using such a service:
Watch + Buyforme Service charge total:
US$249.99 + US$12.50 = US$262.49 = $346.78 SGD (After PayPal conversion)
Comgateway forwarding service to SG via DHL Express
US$23.41 = S$30.61 (After HSBC conversion)
Total cost: S$377.39
Breakdown of days to wait:
Ordered through Comgateway’s BuyForMe Service: 29th Sept, 1:07AM
Got notified that order has been shipped from Bestbuy: 30th Sept, 11:21PM
Package arrived at Comgateway warehouse: October 9th, 11:49AM
Package shipped notice: October 11th, 1:00AM
Package received: October 14th, 11:02AM
(All Times in SG Times, GMT+8)
On first impressions:
- Watch is much lighter than expected, had thought it should be quite heavy since it’s quite thick on the metal part
- The leather strap isn’t really of a super high grade leather, there is a faint leather smell though
- Android Wear pairing and installation is easy and you’ll have a basic walkthrough of the functions
- Charging is OK, the watch had less than 20% of battery life and it took less than an hour to reach 80%+
More in depth review after real usage on the watch, though still waiting for screen protector to come!